Skip to main content

A beautiful pastime of Radharani for giving immense pleasure to Krishna By - SriSri Vinod babaji maharaj



Krishna, the beloved son of Yashoda and Nand Baba, desired to play and pick flowers in his gardens, early in the morning. Sweetly, he asked mother Yashoda if he could go to the gardens to play. Mother Yashoda lovingly gave permission. Krishna did not call brother Balaram to play, since the divine pastimes of Goloka are designed and directed by Sri Yogamaya Devi herself. Roaming around the gardens of Nand bhavan, Krishna was enjoying and marvelling at the beauty of various flowers and the expertly designed gardens, but his joyous heart was not satisfied and he continued exploring the gardens. Suddenly, he saw another Krishna roaming in the garden! He looked exactly the same and carried a basket of flowers in his arms. Krishna was bewildered. The other Krishna also noticed him and looked annoyed and defensive. Krishna cautiously approached the other Krishna and demanded, "Who are you? What are you doing here?" The other Krishna was surprised and said, "What do you mean? Don't you know I am Krishna, the son of Nand Baba and mother Yashoda? Why have you disguised like me? What are you up to, you fraud? Good that I caught you in time! Just leave my garden and Nand bhavan now, I will forgive you." Krishna was bewildered all the more. He said, "No, you are not Krishna. I am Krishna. This is my garden. My home. I am the son of mother Yashoda and Nand Baba. Leave this garden immediately." The other Krishna laughed and said, "Your acting is good. But that doesn't make any difference. Are you leaving this garden or shall I tell mother Yashoda?" "But I am Krishna. Mother Yashoda will not believe you. I will not leave my home. You go away, you fraud!" "Ha ha ha, your stubbornness will not make your lie the truth. I am Krishna and I will not leave. Do whatever you like. Tell anyone, but the truth remains the same. That is, I am Krishna." Krishna was bewildered to the point of disillusionment. He started crying and went back to mother Yashoda. "Maa, maa", he said. Mother Yashoda was surprised to see Krishna crying. Her ever compassionate heart melted at the sight and she asked Krishna lovingly, "What happened, my dear? Why are you crying?" "Maa, maa, Am I not your son?" Krishna asked, crying. "Who said that, my dear? You are my beloved sweet son. You are my life. Don't cry. What has happened?" "Maa, am I not Krishna?" Mother Yashoda laughed. "My dear, you are Krishna. Do have any doubt on that?" she asked, stroking his hair. "Maa, there is another Krishna in the garden. And he doesn't believe that I am Krishna. He says I am fraud! And he is the real son of Nand Baba and mother Yashoda. And he says that I must leave my home!" said Krishna. Mother Yashoda laughed again. "I think, my laal, you had fallen asleep and saw a bad dream. Don't worry, my dear. You are Krishna, our beloved son, and this is your home." "No, no, maa, I was not asleep, neither was I dreaming. What I say is true. Come with me into the garden." "Oh, Krishna, I have many chores to be done. If I get late, how will I give you delicious butter when you are hungry? Go, play. Let me work." "Maa, please, you must see the other Krishna." "Oh this pesky little boy! Let me work, I say!" Mother Yashoda went off inside the kitchen for her daily chores. Krishna, sad and angry, went back to the garden. The other Krishna was still walking around in the garden. Seeing Krishna, he said, "You fraud! You came back again? Didn't I tell you to leave Nand bhavan?" "We will see who is fraud!" said Krishna and took out his flute from his rear. Krishna started playing the flute. It was an enchanting new tune, sweet and melodious, unheard by anyone ever. The other Krishna was still, his eyes closed, listening. He started shivering a little. The golden wrap fell off from his shoulders. The tight bun on his head loosened as he started shivering more and more. After a while, he could not hold on to the flower basket he was carrying in his arms, and so the basket fell down. The hair was now fully undone and the glistening long black curly hair was almost touching the knees. Krishna stopped playing the flute. Now Srimati Radharani could not hide herself anymore. Krishna was immensely pleased to see his Praneshwari Srimati Radharani and they embraced each other with joy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renunciation - Where is the root of all attachments| Sri Vinod Babaji Maharaj

  The love that we see in this world between husband and wife, parents and children, family members, friends, etc. is not the pure and divine love that a Jivatma can experience with Radha Krishna. This worldly love is only a shadow of that pure love. The divine love (Prema) is transcendental, blissful and full of spiritual consciousness. Worldly love is illusory, temporary and results in disappointment. Divine love is enlightenment while worldly love is utter darkness. A person is trapped in the cycle of birth and death only as long as he or she is trapped in worldly love (including the love for one’s own bodily identity, fame, wealth, power, etc.). But as soon as the person realizes even a single ray of Prema, he is freed from the cycle of birth and death. Worldly love should be ignored and abandoned by the sadhak who wants to achieve spiritual perfection. But divine love is the most precious treasure of the spiritual world and even highly enlightened spiritual practitioners yearn

Manjari Bhav Part 1 | Sri Vinod Babaji Maharaj

  Sri Bhagvan comes down to Earth in every Yuga, but nobody ever gave the Manjari mood of devotion to the world. "Anarpita charim chirat" The Manjari mood of devotion has been given by Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu only. The mood of loving devotion (Prem bhakti) existed before Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu (as seen in Shrimad Bhagvatam in the life stories of Sri Prahladji, Sri Dhruvji, etc). Madhurya love was not new to the world at the time of Shri Mahaprabhu, but He mercifully gave the Manjari mood of love to the world. Rati (love) is classified in three types: Sadharan Rati, Samanjasya Rati and Samartha Rati. Sadharan Rati (General love) is seen in Mathura lila, where the young, female residents of Mathura were attracted to the beauty and power of Sri Krishna and hence, fell in love with Him. Samanjasya Rati (Concordant love) is seen in Dwarika lila, where the queens of Sri Krishna loved Him as their husband (and hence, the lover and the beloved are equals). Samartha Rati (Capable

Renunciation (Vairagya) & Women | Sri Vinod Babaji Maharaj

  Sridhar Swami says in his commentary about the word ‘Vairagya’ (Renunciation) that one cannot get immersed in the contemplation of God and relish the divine bliss of His pastimes until he develops Vairagya (indifference to material world). Attachment to worldly possessions and people is the cause of impurity of heart that does not let the Jivatma achieve divine bliss. Vairagya means detachment, disinterest or indifference to body and everything related to it. One develops disinterest in body and material world when he realizes that everything in this world (including this body) is temporary; it didn’t exist before nor it will exist in future, it exists only in the present. Such a temporary thing can never give pleasure to the eternal Self. It only causes an illusion of pleasure to give disappointment in the future. Attachment to such things does not allow us to progress in bhajan and experience divine bliss. The master – servant relationship between God and the Jivatma is eterna